This green papaya salad, also called “som tam”, is a famous Thai recipe and in most areas of Thailand, it’s served as a popular side dish. you’ll know why it’s so called when you’ll taste this green papaya salad.
2 ts Garlic chopped
2 Dried red chilies, soaked, – seeded & chopped
1 tb Sugar
2 tb Soy sauce
1 Lemon, juiced
3 c Papaya, unripe, grated
1/2 lb Green beans, julienned
1/4 lb Cherry tomatoes
4 tb Peanuts, chopped
Cabbage leaves, torn
- In a mortar, pound the garlic, chilies & suagr into a paste.
- Mix in the soy sauce & lemon juice.
- Mix the papaya, beans & refrigerate until ready to serve.
- At serving time, pour on the dressing & sprinkle the peanuts & cherry tomatoes over the top.
- Serve with chunks of raw cabbage leaves.