An exclusive recipe of mixed meat grill for a summer night grilling fun. You can mix and match meats of your on choice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
For the marinade:
1/4 cup virgin olive oil
1/4 cup roasted peanut oil, hazlenut or walnut oil
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp medium-ground black pepper
6 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
6 to 8 drumsticks or 2 boneless chicken breast halves, about 1 pound total weight
2 loin lamb chops, about 3/4 pound total weight and 1 inch thick
1 salmon steak, about 3/4 pound and 1 1/2 inches thick
2 Italian sausages, or your kids’ favorite style, about 1/2 pound total weight
Vegetable oil for grill rack
1. To make the marinade, in a little bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, peanut oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Put the drumsticks, sausages, lamb chops, and salmon in 1 or 2 shallow pans big enough to keep them in one layer. Pour the marinade on the top, and roll the pieces to cover both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 60 minutes or as long as overnight, but turn them several times.
3. If you use hardwood chips (such as cherry, mesquite, apple, or hickory), immerse them in water to cover for minimum an hour or until they sink, so the chips smoke rather than burn.
4. Oil the rack of a gas grill. Preheat the grill. When the fire is set sap the chips and put in to the charcoal grill 6 minutes before including the chicken. If using a gas grill, cover the sapped chips in aluminum foil, punch a few holes in the foil, and put under the cooking grates on top of the gas fire.
5. take out the meat from the marinade. Put the drumsticks on the grill rack and flame on all sides. Go on grilling until it’s done, almost 8 minutes. (Chicken breasts are done when an instant-read thermometer slotted into the chunky part gives a reading of 175 degrees.)
6. Grill the lamb chops, salmon, with sausage and the chicken, turning as needed. Allow almost 5 minutes on each side for the chops for medium-rare, 7 minutes on each side for the salmon, and a total of 11 minutes for the sausages, or until nearly overdone.
7. Take away from the grill rack and let it set for some time before serving. Serves 6.
Based on individual serving.
Total Fat: 43 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 81 g