Strawberry Short Stacks recipe by Recipesexpert
o 1 pt fresh strawberries, rinsed
o One 16-oz frozen poundcake, not thawed
o 1 can (12 or 16 oz) whipped or creamy strawberry frosting
1. Cut cake in half horizontally. With cookie cutter, cut out 4 rounds from each half; cut each round into 3 layers.
2. Spread 1 Tbsp frosting on each of 2 layers from one stack; top each with 4 strawberry slices. Reassemble, ending with unfrosted round. Repeat with remaining stacks.
3. Microwave remaining frosting on high, stirring often, to melt. Spoon on stacks. Chill 10 minutes to set. Top with rest of berries.You’ ll need a 2 1/2-in. round biscuit or cookie cutter and a baking sheet. Slice enough strawberries to make 1 1/4 cups.
* Spread whipped cream, tinted pink, instead of frosting between layers; top stacks with a dollop.
* Brush 1 side of each cake round with orange liqueur before adding frosting
* Instead of frosting, use chocolate pudding. Top with whipped cream.