Try this toastless french toast recipe for a sweet instead of savory breakfast
* 2 cage free eggs or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
* 1 dash ground cloves
* 1 dash ground nutmeg
* 1 pinch ground cinnamon
* 1 cap full pure vanilla extract
* salted butter or south beach friendly margarine
- Warm a small frying pan over medium heat with 1 TBS of butter or spread. If using unsalted spread, I recommend adding the tiniest bit of sea salt – it gives the outside a nice complimenting flavor.
- Combine egg, clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl – use a fork to whip together.
- Once butter or spread starts to bubble, pour in the egg mixture.
- Once the egg is mostly cooked on the bottom, use your chef skills to flip it out of the pan and over (one large pancake shape is the ultimate goal). If you aren’t a chef (and I’m not either) do your best to get it over in one piece.
- Once firm, it is done.